Saturday, July 5, 2014

August


August is a month that's difficult for me say anything good about.  I consider it a filler month, just filling in between summer and fall.  By the time it rolls around I'm sick of summer, and eager for fall, so I regard it as a nuisance.

I find this very interesting since this past week-end was the only two days of summer that temps have reached 90 degrees where I live.  So why am I grumpy about August?  Because I'm afraid we might see other 90 degree days before we can get to September and get fall in the air.

__________________________

We have company arriving on Friday.  I think we have five coming.  We'll have a good time and I don't want August to mess it up.  Three of the group will be from Texas, and two from Colorado.  I want the temps to range in the high 70s, or if we have to, low 80s.  Give me that and I'll be a happy camper.

__________________________

August is also the month I fizzle out of anything to blog about.  I become dull like the month, and can't think of a single cool thing to say.

You may not see a lot of me until I smell fall in the air.  That doesn't mean I'm gone so don't forget me.

No comments:

Post a Comment